Thursday, October 27, 2011

Exercise

We all know that exercise is important, but for someone with Meniere's Disease it can seem almost impossible to get a good workout in when it's a challenge just to walk a straight line at times. Ever since I started having daily vertigo, or at the very least dizzy attacks every day I've been proud of myself for just being able to stand up on my own, so working out has just been out of the question for me. Once the attacks started to spread out a bit and I was able to enjoy a dizzy-free day here and there, I started doing morning yoga. This really helped with my balance and coordination. I could always tell if I missed a yoga session or two because I would start to feel a bit more wobbly. Now don't get me wrong, it never made my dizziness 100% go away, but it did help. Unfortunately, I've stopped doing it again. I used to greet each day on my back deck with some morning stretches and a sun salutation or two. I don't know if it is the cold morning air or what, but for some reason I stopped.

Well, this morning I realized I was in a rut. I needed to change things up a bit. It's not just the yoga that's good for me....it's exercise. It's moving. I know that it's not good for me to stay in one position too long or I start to feel dizzy. That's why I'm more dizzy in the mornings....because I've been lying down all night. And that's why I can't work on a computer for several hours at a time...or I will trigger a dizzy episode. I need to move! So that's what I did.

This morning I went for a walk! It was scary at first knowing that I could get dizzy at any time so far from home but I wouldn't take that as an excuse to keep me cooped up at home. I took my phone with me in case I found myself dizzy on the side of the road and needed to call for help, and I took it slow. I didn't go far but I went far enough to know that I enjoyed it. I felt a little wobbly by the time I made it back home but overall I could tell it was good for me. It was good to get out of the house for a bit. It was good to teach my ears balance. It was good to get the blood flowing. I'm not sure it will become a daily routine and obviously it won't happen on the days that I'm suffering from extreme dizziness or vertigo, but I think it will happen again. Actually I know it will happen again. I love the idea of a morning walk.




Besides, I have some really great walking buddies who love the idea too! ;)

Much Love,
Shanon

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to vary your routine and get out and about. Just always remember to carry your cell phone. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will Mary...I hardly go anywhere without it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately there are a lot of AIDS/Herpes denials on Herbal cures still out there. I did research on them after I was tested HIV/Herpes positive I was so worried am I going to die soon. I continue my search again on herbal remedy for Std, then I found lots of testimony on how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cured HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus,Copd, Hepatitis,Shingles, Diabetes,Epilepsy,Infertility, On websites sharing their testimonies, which made much more sense to me. All the authors pronounce Dr Itua As a man with Good Heart, I pick interest in their testimonies and I contact him about my situation then he gave me procedure how it works, I proceed after one week he courier his Herbal Medicine to me and instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure. I receive His Herbal Medicine so I drank it for two weeks as I was told then after 2 days I go for a test I found out I was cured from HIV/Aids & Herpes Virus, I pay homage to him 2 months ago to his country to celebrate with him on his African festival which he told me it usually happens every year. I know there are lots of (HIV)/Aids&Herpes Virus denials of Herbal Remedy movement the same few doctors and they represent a very small faction of the community. I could have died because I refused Natural Herbs Cures for so long, but luckily, by the grace of God I am alive to tell my story. Contact Info...Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967,Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/My Instagram Username...avat5634 Just in case you need someone to talk with.

    ReplyDelete