Thursday, June 2, 2011

mmmm....BACON!

Wait! What? Bacon?!

Yes, bacon. I know, a couple slices of bacon and you've had half of your daily intake of sodium when following a low sodium diet, right? Well, that's true if you are a Meniere's sufferer who is on a 500mg or less sodium diet per day. And I know you're out there, so for you I apologize for this post. But I think most of us try to stay around 1,000 - 1,200 mg/day. Luckily, I don't have that much trouble with sodium triggering my episodes, so I don't have to watch my salt intake like a hawk. Sure, I still have to be aware of it and I can't eat a whole bag of potato chips or a tub of popcorn, but it's important to pay attention to it. So whenever there are lower sodium options when buying pre-packaged foods I tend to try them out.


Introducing Oscar Myer NEW lower sodium turkey bacon! Have you tried it yet? I had a couple slices for breakfast this morning, along with a scrambled egg seasoned with Mrs. Dash table blend (no sodium) and some strawberries! Mmmmm....good! Each slice has 130 mg of sodium making my breakfast about 320 mg total. Not bad. I'll probably just have a basic salad for lunch and a simple dinner with chicken and veggies. Keeping my total for the day within a good range.

Much Love,
Shanon

No comments:

Post a Comment