Monday, July 11, 2011

Google+

Well, I did it. I started a Google+ account. So far I'm really liking it, well except that there are only a small handful of people on it right now. But if it takes off I'm thinking it will be a really nice social networking platform. I'm really liking the "circles". I even created a "Meniere's Support" circle. I think it will be a great support tool for me and my Meniere's buddies. If you're on Google+ let me know and I'll add you to my circle! You can find me just by searching "Shanon Fouquet". My plan is to share tips, recipes, the ups and downs, and simply show support with others suffering from this condition. I'm really excited! Hope you'll join me!

In other news, my tinnitus is out of control today! Can't hear anything! Disappointing to say the least, but hopefully it goes down soon. And hopefully this week will turn around for me. Last week was really tough. I had only 2 "good" days out of 7. Three of them were dizzy days and the rest were recovery days. I've been getting pretty down about it but trying to stay positive. I hope you're having a dizzy free day!

Much Love,
Shanon

4 comments:

  1. Heard good things about Google+, and aim to join soon as it allows me to.

    Sorry to hear you;ve been having such a bad time. I'm extremely lucky because my meds have been fairly successful in limiting the number of attacks and their severity, though I still feel as though I'm on a tightrope for most of the day. Seeing the good work you do on here has inspired me to kickstart my own blog which has been neglected all this year.

    Keep up the good work and hope this finds you spin-free. Btw, there is a great Meniere's group on facebook, 'Meniere's Disease You Are Not Alone'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that "tightrope" feeling! Lately my issues have been more related to the tinnitus and hearing loss. ugh...if it's not one thing, it's another! right?! lol

    I tried finding the support page on facebook that you mentioned but I couldn't find it. Would you mind sharing a link? Here are a couple of groups that I'm a part of that I'd recommend:

    http://www.facebook.com/groups/236961243210/

    http://www.facebook.com/groups/Vertigosux/

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fault for not giving the proper group name. It's: Meniere's Disease Group - You're Not Alone

    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/groups/121056944646365/?ap=1

    Thanks for the recommendations

    ReplyDelete
  4. Btw, I'm on Google+ now. I'll look you up when I've got my bearings

    ReplyDelete