Wednesday, July 20, 2011

MIA

I know, I know, I've been missing in action for a week now! Sorry, but I have a good excuse. Yup, you guessed it...I have Meniere's disease. To be more specific the tinnitus has been bringing me down. In my last post I explained what tinnitus is, so here I'm just going to complain about it. *disclaimer the next paragraph has words that may not be suitable for all audiences. Read at your own discretion*

WTH, go away! What did I ever do to you?! Grrrrrr! The constant ROARING in my ears is driving me crazy. I can't hear, or think straight, or even get a good night of sleep! Leave me the F* alone!

Whew! I feel better now. :) Honestly, I do. But not only because of my little rant above, but because I've had a few temper tantrums and sob fests the last couple of days. I just couldn't take it anymore. I cried my eyes out. And now I feel so much better. No, it didn't do anything for my ears, but it did make me feel relieved to just let it all out. I spent several days feeling like I was being tortured, and frustrated that I couldn't do the things I wanted to do, like watch TV, listen to music, go to a movie or have a decent conversation with my husband. I was definitely feeling sorry for myself. So I just let it all out...I cried and cried and cried. But after I spent some time in bed with a box of tissues I realized that there is plenty of things I could be doing even with the constant tinnitus. After all, I'm grateful that I'm not having any vertigo attacks (knock on wood) so I should make the most of my time, right?! So I picked myself up, discarded all the used tissues, made my bed and I went to work in my studio, the one place that I can just lose myself from all the noise and just create.

I've been having fun making felt pins, working on digital illustrations, promoting my bird paintings and photographing my work. Here are some of my felt pins.


I guess my point is that it's okay to get down about your condition, just be sure that when your done to dust yourself off and get back up again. Don't let your Meniere's or any other chronic condition bring you down for too long. And if you need a place to go during your own temper tantrum you can always come here.

Much Love,
Shanon

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Been trying to comment for weeks, and just managed to overcome a glitch in signing in. I've suffered with MD for almost 8 years and am full of admiration for the way you deal with this. You show real talent in your work, so keep it going. Feel free to look me up on Facebook if you would like to.
    Very best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Steve,
    I'm so glad you were able to figure out how to leave a comment. I appreciate your kind words and for following the blog. As I'm sure you know, dealing with this is very difficult. It's support we show for each other that will help us through it. Thanks again for being here. All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete