Thursday, July 28, 2011

Support

I've said it before (and I'm sure I'll say it again), one of the biggest challenges for someone with Meniere's is feeling isolated. That's why it's SO important to find support from family, friends and especially from others who know what you're going through. Having someone to talk to who is experiencing the same tinnitus, hearing loss and vertigo nightmare helps. Sharing stories, suggesting helpful treatments and being there when you need a shoulder to cry on. Just knowing you're not alone.

There are many support sites online that are very helpful.

If you're on facebook I recommend joining these groups:

Meniere's Disease
Marlys Soderberg Meniere's & Tinnitus Support Group


If you're on twitter I recommend you follow these tweets:

@MenieresandYou
@dizzylore62
And the famous Kristin Chenoweth @KChenoweth
And of course ME :) @fookaDESIGNS

I'm sure there are more great Meniere's support pages out there. If you know of any be sure to leave a comment and let us know!

Also, I'm still working on the "in person" support group in Topeka. I'll keep you posted as I find out more!

No comments:

Post a Comment